Iraq Overflight Permit Regulations
Iraq country has its own set of rules, regulations and procedures for permits to aircraft wishing for landing or even entering their air space, whether you’re operating a private, charter flight, scheduled or non-scheduled operation, passengers or cargo trip, a technical or traffic landing, Prior Permission is mandatory required the application procedures requiring complete flight information and Aircraft documents.
According to Iraq CAA AIP any aircraft owner/operator intent to fly in Iraq airspace request has to submit for Iraq overflight clearance to air transport department at least 48 working hours prior from flight departure schedule. Always include AFTN on your flight plan, but you’ll only need an overfly permit from Iraq.
Planning to make a passenger flight landing or technical stop, Iraq Airports Authority have their own regulations regarding the issuance of flight Iraq Overflight permit as there is generally a payment involved. The charges normally payable would be the Route Navigation Facility Charges for overflight and also landing and parking charges in case of aircraft making halts.
Iraq is a signatory to the Chicago Convention therefore the conditions of flights and crews should strictly be compliant with ICAO general rules of international air traffic and in accordance with their regulation for transport of troops, equipment, materials and dangerous goods, please write us for more detail information.
Required Details for Obtaining Iraq Overflight Permit
1 - Flight Schedule
2 - Entry / Exit Points with ATC Route
3 - Lead Passenger Details
4 - Consignee & Consigner Details for Cargo Flights
5 - Aircraft Documents [ AOC, COA, COI, CON, COR]
Overflight Permits Category’s for Adhoc and Private
1 - Overflight Permits (Charter Passenger Flights)
2 - Overflight Permits (Private Passenger Flights)
3 - Overflight Permits (Non-Schedule Cargo Flights)
Overflight Permits Category’s for Block :
1 - Monthly Block Overflight Permits (For Scheduled and Non-schedule Airlines Flights)
2 - Seasonal Block Overflight Permits (Scheduled Commercial Airlines Flights)
- Iraq Overflight Permit is normally valid for 72 hours.
Overflight Permit Charge's
We do not charge any type of hidden cost in Civil Aviation Permit Processing Cost and Iraq Overflight Permits Procedures. Our fee is straight and direct without any additional fees in Iraq Overflight Permit We do not require large upfront deposits or commitments. We strive to develop long term relationships and we work hard to earn your referrals. Besides receiving essential financial monthly reports these very particular customers expect to entirely rely on professional teams and they offer just that. This trust is earned through our administrative and financial control, as well as our services standards of work.
Iraq Flight Information Region :
Iraq Airspace is divided into 01 Flight Information Regions (FIRs)
1 - Baghdad (ORBB) FIR
Iraq FIRs ( Entry / Exit Points ) :
|West Bound Entry Point||West Bound Exit Point||East Bound Entry Point||East Bound Exit Point|
International Trip Support Services
We provide comprehensive and personalized flight planning and trip support services to the corporate aviation industry. Our dedicated and experienced staff work together to ensure you have a smooth trip that is tailored to your particular needs. with years of international flight planning experience, the latest trip coordination technology, and a dedication to high-quality customer service, each member of our knowledgeable team is equipped with the tools to exceed your expectations.
Our proficient flight support team offering unrivalled support services to any International & Domestic Airports in Iraq along with their expertise, our permit2fly team can arrange Iraq Overflight Permits for Ad-hoc Charter Flights, Scheduled Airline Seasonal Block Permits from Civil Aviation Authority of Iraq according to their legal time frame.
Trust Permit2fly, to handle all your ground supervisory at Iraq airports and obtain Iraq overflight and Landing permit for any of your aircrafts to operate in the territory of Iraq.
About Iraq | History - Geography
Iraq, country of southwestern Asia. During ancient times, lands that now constitute Iraq were known as Mesopotamia (“Land Between the Rivers”), a region whose extensive alluvial plains gave rise to some of the world’s earliest civilizations, including those of Sumer, Akkad, Babylon, and Assyria. This wealthy region, comprising much of what is called the Fertile Crescent, later became a valuable part of larger imperial polities, including sundry Persian, Greek, and Roman dynasties, and after the 7th century it became a central and integral part of the Islamic world. Iraq’s capital, Baghdad, became the capital of the Abbasid caliphate in the 8th century. The modern nation-state of Iraq was created following World War I (1914–18) from the Ottoman provinces of Baghdad, Basra, and Mosul and derives its name from the Arabic term used in the premodern period to describe a region that roughly corresponded to Mesopotamia (Iraq Arabi, “Arabian Iraq”) and modern northwestern Iran (Iraq Ajamu, “foreign [i.e., Persin] Iraq”).
The Given Below Information Is Extracted from the Iraq AIP
The air traffic rules and procedures applicable to air traffic in the Baghdad FIR conform with Annexes 2 and 11 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation and to those portions applicable to aircraft of ICAO Doc 4444 Procedures for Air Navigation Services - Air Traffic Management, and Regional Supplementary Procedures applicable to the EUR/MID/ASIA region.Mandatory Timings For Flight Plans
The Baghdad Air Traffic Services Reporting Office is open. However, as a backup, operators are advised to submit flight plan details through other means. Operators of flights originating outside, but landing at an aerodrome within, the Baghdad FIR are to submit flight plans for the round trip. Flight plans shall be submitted sufficiently early to ensure it is received by the relevant Air Traffic Control agencies at least 60 minutes prior to estimated off block time (EOBT) for departures from within Iraq, or at least 60 minutes prior to the aircraft reaching the Baghdad FIR boundary for inbound or over flight aircraft.Flight Plan Messages
Aircraft operating within the Iraq FIR shall use the ICAO model flight plan contained in PANS ATM DOC 4444/ATM501. Complete all entries including registration/type of aircraft, boundary estimates to/from the Baghdad FIR, and airport of intended landing.Flight Planning
The levels at which a flight is to be conducted shall be specified in a flight plan as follows:
• In terms of flight levels if the flight is to be conducted at or above the transition level.
• In terms of altitudes if the flight is to be conducted at or below the transition altitude.
Flight levels and altitudes selected for a flight shall ensure adequate terrain clearance along the route to be flown.
Flight levels are specified in a flight plan by number and not in terms of feet or meters as in the case of altitudes.
Selected flight levels shall be compatible with Appendix 3 of Annex 2 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation, Table of Cruising Levels.
All flight plans are required to include the FIR entry/exit report point as part of the flight planned route in the route section of item 15 of the flight plan.
All overflights through Baghdad FIR shall flight plan as follows:Northbound:
i. MODIK G202 DELMI DCT MUTAG L417 UMESA L718 KABAN
ii. MODIK G202 DELMI DCT MUTAG L417 VUSEB UM860 NINVA
iii. MURIB B411 RALTI DCT BABIL DCT DELMI DCT MUTAG L417 UMESA L718 KABAN
iv. MURIB B411 RALTI DCT BABIL DCT DELMI DCT MUTAG L417 VUSEB UM860 NINVA
v. PASIP L200 SIGBI DCT DELMI DCT MUTAG L417 UMESA L718 KABAN
vi. PASIP L200 SIGBI DCT DELMI DCT MUTAG L417 VUSEB UM860 NINVA
vii. TASMI UL602 ALPET L718 KABAN
viii. TASMI UL602 GADSI UM860 NINVAEastbound:
i. MODIK G202 DELMI DCT MUTAG R652 DAVAS M434 BOXIX
ii. MODIK G202 PUSTO M203 SILBO DCT NOLDO B411 PAXAT
iii. MURIB B411 PAXAT
iv. PASIP L200 SIGBI DCT DELMI DCT MUTAG R652 DAVAS M434 BOXIX
v. PASIP L200 SILBO DCT NOLDO B411 PAXATSouthbound:
i. MODIK G202 RAPLU DCT BABIL L715 LOVEK M203 ILMAP UP975 SIDAD
ii. PASIP L200 GIBUX L715 LOVEK M203 ILMAP UP975 SIDAD
iii. RATVO UM688 SIDADWestbound:
i. BOXIX M434 DAVAS R652 GIBUX L200 PASIP
ii. BOXIX M434 DAVAS R652 RAPLU G202 MODIK
iii. RAGET G202 MODIK
iv. RAGET G202 RAPLU R652 GIBUX L200 PASIP
v. RAGET Z431 LOVEK B411 MURIB
vi. RATVO DCT VUSIB L417 MUTAG DCT ANBAR DCT MURIB
vii. RATVO DCT VUSIB L417 MUTAG R652 GIBUX L200 PASIP
viii. RATVO DCT VUSIB L417 MUTAG R652 RAPLU G202 MODIK
ix. TASMI UL602 GADSI M703 ANBAR DCT RAPLU G202 MODIK
x. TASMI UL602 GADSI M703 PASIP
Al Najaf Al-Ashraf International Airport (ORNI)
All international traffic operating at Iraq International Airports should flight plan as follows:
1. North: RATVO UM688 VAXEN Z431 LOVEK LOVEK1A/LOVEK1B
2. East: RAGET Z431 LOVEK LOVEK1A/LOVEK1B
3. South: TASMI UL602 ALPET ALPET1A TASMI UL602 ALPET DCT ALRID ALRID1A/ALRID1B/ALRID1D
4. Southwest: MURIB B411 RUKAM DCT ALI
5. West: MODIK G202 RAPLU DCT ANBAR DCT ALI M703 RUKAM DCT ALIDepartures:
1. North: LAGLO1A/LAGLO1B LAGLO L718 KABAN SEPTU1A/SEPTU1B SEPTU UM860 NINVA
2. East: NOLDO1A/NOLDO1B/NOLDO1C NOLDO B411 PAXAT
3. South: ILMAP1A/ILMAP1B ILMAP UP975 SIDAD
4. Southwest: SIGBI1A/SIGBI1B ELODI B411 MURIB
5. West: SIGBI1A/SIGBI1B SIGBI DCT RAPLU G202 MODIK SIGBI1A/SIGBI1B SIGBI L200 PASIPBaghdad International Airport (ORBI)
1. North: RATVO UM688 VAXEN DCT BGD
2. East: RAGET G202 ITOVA DCT BGD
3. South: TASMI UL602 LOVEK DCT BGD
4. Southwest: MURIB B411 LOVEK DCT BGD
5. West: MODIK G202 RAPLU DCT SIGBI L200 SILBO DCT BGD PASIP L200 SILBO DCT BGDDepartures:
1. North: BGD DCT NAMDI UM860 NINVA
2. BGD DCT TAGRU L718 KABAN
3. East: BGD DCT NOLDO B411 PAXAT
4. South: BGD DCT NOLDO UP975 SIDAD
5. Southwest: BGD DCT DELMI DCT RUKAM B411 MURIB
6. West: BGD DCT DELMI G202 MODIK BGD DCT DELMI G202 RAPLU R652 GIBUX L200 PASIPBasra International Airport (ORMM)
1. North: RATVO UM688 VAXEN DCT NOLDO UP975 ILMAP DCT BSR
2. East: RAGET Z431 VAXEN DCT NOLDO UP975 ILMAP DCT BSR
3. South: TASMI G795 BSR
4. Southwest: MURIB B411 LOVEK M203 ILMAP DCT BSR
5. West: MODIK G202 RAPLU DCT BABIL L715 LOVEK M203 ILMAP DCT BSR PASIP L200 GIBUX L715 LOVEK M203 ILMAP DCT BSRDepartures:
1. North: BSR DCT ALPET L718 KABAN BSR DCT KODAV UM860 NINVA
2. East: BSR DCT KODAV UM860 RESAK DCT PAPUS B411 PAXAT
3. South: BSR DCT SIDAD
4. Southwest: BSR DCT ALPET DCT RUKAM B411 MURIB
5. West: BSR DCT ALPET DCT RUKAM M703 ANBAR DCT RAPLU G202 MODIK BSR DCT ALPET DCT RUKAM M703 PASIPBasra International Airport (ORMM)
1. North: RATVO UM688 KEDIM DCT RER
2. East: BOXIX M434 OTALO DCT RER
3. South: TASMI UL602 ALPET L718 TAGRU DCT OTALO DCT RER
4. Southwest: MURIB B411 RALTI DCT BABIL DCT DELMI DCT MUTAG DCT OTALO DCT RER
5. West: MODIK G202 DELMI DCT MUTAG DCT OTALO DCT RER PASIP L200 SIGBI DCT DELMI DCT MUTAG DCT OTALO DCT RERDepartures:
1. North: RER DCT EMIDO L718 KABAN RER DCT ROXOP UM860 NINVA
2. East: RER DCT DAVAS M434 BOXIX
3. South: RER DCT TOTAM DCT SOBIL UM688 SIDAD
4. West: RER DCT UMESA L417 MUTAG R652 GIBUX L200 PASIP RER DCT UMESA L417 MUTAG R652 RAPLU G202 MODIK
5. Southwest: RER DCT UMESA L417 MUTAG DCT ANBAR DCT MURIBSulaymaniyah International Airport (ORSU)
1. North: RATVO UM688 KEDIM DCT SUL
2. East: BOXIX M434 OTALO DCT KRK KIRKUK ONE/TWO SUL
3. South: TASMI UL602 ALPET L718 TAGRU DCT KRK KIRKUK ONE/ TWO SUL
4. Southwest: MURIB B411 RALTI DCT BABIL DCT DELMI DCT MUTAG DCT KRK KIRKUK ONE/TWO SUL
5. West: MODIK G202 DELMI DCT MUTAG DCT OTALO DCT KRK KIRKUK ONE/TWO SUL PASIP L200 SIGBI DCT DELMI DCT MUTAG OTALO DCT KRK KIRKUK ONE/TWO SULDepartures:
1. North: SUL ERBIL ONE/TWO RER DCT EMIDO L718 KABAN SUL ERBIL ONE/TWO RER DCT ROXOP UM860 NINVA
2. East: SUL KIRKUK ONE/TWO KRK DCT DAVAS M434 BOXIX SUL KIRKUK ONE/TWO KRK DCT SOBIL UM688 VAXEN DCT PAXAT
3. South: SUL KIRKUK ONE/TWO KRK DCT SOBIL UM688 SIDAD
4. Southwest: SUL KIRKUK ONE/TWO KRK DCT MUTAG DCT ANBAR DCT MURIB
5. West: SUL KIRKUK ONE/TWO KRK DCT MUTAG R652 GIBUX L200PASIP SUL KIRKUK ONE/TWO KRK DCT MUTAG R652 RAPLU G202 MODIKAddressing of Flight Plan Messages
Flights intending to land in, depart, or overfly Iraq should file a roundtrip flight plan using the address ORBIZQZK.
The following AFTN addresses indicators are used in the AFTN messages as follows:
|Message Address||Addressee Indicators/Locations|
|ORBIZQZK||Air traffic control centre – Baghdad Intl. Airport|
|ORMMZQZX||Air traffic control centre – Basrah Intl. Airport|
|ORNIZTZX||Air traffic control centre – Al Najaf Al-Ashraf Intl. Airport|
|ORERYNYX||Briefing Office – Erbil Intl. Airport|
|ORSUYFYX||Air traffic control centre – Sulaimaniyah Intl. Airport|
|ORBIZQZK||Air traffic control centre – Baghdad Intl. Airport|